The following positions are currently available. Please click on a position to read more information.
HEAD START TEACHER
Macon-Bibb County Economic Opportunity Council Incorporated is seeking Teachers to work in our Head Start Program
In Bibb and Monroe County.
Duties include development and implementation of weekly lesson plans, Individual Education Plans for each child, and the setup and organization of a neat and orderly classroom. Responsible for observing, assessing, and recording behavior of all children assigned to classroom, maintaining all necessary records, making home visits, and work in partnership with Teacher Assistants and classroom volunteers. This is a full-time position. Must undergo background checks, drug screening, TB screening and physical prior to employment.
- Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field Or equivalent course hours from an accredited institution.
- Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field from an accredited institution.
- Experience working with pre-school children age 3 - 5 preferred.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to interact professionally with Management, co-workers, parents, vendors and contractors.
- Must have intermediate computer skills to work with Program specific databases, compile daily classroom notes and observations.
- Ability to create lesson plans appropriate to the Head Start Federal Standards.
- Ability to demonstrate effective learning techniques to engage children assigned to classroom.
- Must be able to sit, bend, crawl, kneel, and lift/carry up to 50lbs.
- Must have an acceptable 7 yr MVR, valid GA Drivers License and acceptable auto insurance.
- Daily reliable transportation must be willing to use personal vehicle to make home visits, attend meetings and other assigned duties for the Agency.
To be considered for this position submit To be considered for this position, submit your application in person with official High School transcripts or GED equivalent and Secondary Educational Transcripts with 7-yr MVR. .
SALARY/WAGES: 10.00 - 14.00
To be considered for this position submit your application before the close of business on
Complete an application at the
MBEOCI Administrative Office
between the hours of 9:00 am and 4:00 pm
Monday through Friday.