Macon-Bibb County EOC, Inc. is currently seeking a competent individual to work in our Head Start Program as a Mental Health and Disability Coordinator. This position is responsible for mental health and disability services that includes but is not limited to IEP’s, IFSP’s, monitoring classrooms and making referrals to Mental Health Contractor or local school board for disability assessments. Included duties will be preparing reports on a weekly and/or monthly basis, maintaining accurate and confidential records, facilitating meetings as well as training for staff and parents as established by Head Start and Early Head Start program guidelines. Must undergo a background check, drug screening, and TB testing and pre-employment physical prior to hire.
• Associate Degree or higher in Mental Health, Disability, Special Education or a closely related field from an accredited institution.
• Knowledge of area of Mental Health, disabilities, and Special Education for children ages 0-5yrs.
• Coordinate training and/or workshops for staff development, technical assistance and training as it relates to Disability and Mental Health.
• Must monitor and document classroom performance as it relates to Individualized Education Plans (IEP).
• Proficient communication skills both written and verbal. Ability to interact professionally with Management, co-workers, parents, vendors and contractors.
• Proficient computer skills and capability to learn Agency specific databases including Microsoft Excel to create and manipulate spread sheets, create formulas etc. and Microsoft Word to create reports, memos, agendas etc.
• Must have an acceptable MVR (7yr), valid GA Driver’s License and reliable transportation to conduct home visits.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mental Health, Disability, Special Education or a closely related field from an accredited institution.
• Two (2) years of paid experience working as a Mental Health or disability coordinator.
Pay Range: $13.22 – $14.61 per hour
To be considered for this position, submit your application with copies of applicable post secondary degree to:
Macon-Bibb County E.O.C. Administrative Office, 1680 Broadway, Suite B, Macon, Georgia 31201
Applications are accepted between the hours of 9 am to 4 pm, Monday through Friday.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
A Drug-Free Workplace