Macon-Bibb County EOC, Inc. is currently seeking individuals to work in our Head Start Program for Macon-Bibb and/or Monroe Counties. Duties include working in conjunction with Teachers in the implementation of lesson plans, Individual Education Plans for each child, and the setup and organization of a neat and orderly classroom. Responsible for helping the teacher observe, assess, redirect and record behavior of all children assigned to classroom, maintaining all necessary records, making home visits, and coordinating classroom volunteers. Must undergo background checks, drug screening, TB screening and physical prior to employment.
• Must have a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential for pre-school aged children or higher Early Childhood Education (ECE) certification.
• Must have intermediate computer skills to work with program specific databases, compile daily classroom notes and observations.
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interact professionally with Management, co-workers, parents, vendors and contractors.
• Must be able to sit, bend, crawl, kneel for long periods of time or repeatedly and be able to lift/carry up to 50lbs.
• Must have an acceptable driving record, valid Georgia Driver’s License and acceptable auto insurance.
• Must have daily reliable transportation – must be willing to use personal vehicle to make home visits, attend meetings and other assigned duties for the Agency
• Associate Degree in ECE or related field or equivalent course hours from an accredited institution.
• Experience working with pre-school children preferred.
Pay Range: $9.12 – $10.64 per hour
To be considered for this position, submit your application with copies of applicable post secondary degree to:
Macon-Bibb County E.O.C. Administrative Office, 1680 Broadway, Suite B, Macon, Georgia 31201
Applications are accepted between the hours of 9 am to 4 pm, Monday through Friday.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
A Drug-Free Workplace