Macon-Bibb County EOC, Inc. is currently seeking individuals to work in our Head Start Program in Bibb and/or Monroe Counties. Duties include development and implementation of weekly lesson plans, Individual Education Plans for each child, and the setup and organization of a neat and orderly classroom. Responsible for observing, assessing, and recording behavior of all children assigned to classroom, maintaining all necessary records, making home visits, and work in partnership with Teacher Assistants and classroom volunteers. Must undergo background checks, drug screening, TB screening and physical prior to employment.
• Associate Degree in Child Development or Early Childhood Education or equivalent coursework from an accredited institution.
• Ability to create lesson plans appropriate to the Head Start Federal Standards.
• Ability to demonstrate effective learning techniques to engage children assigned to classroom.
• Must have intermediate computer skills to work with Program specific databases, compile daily classroom notes and observations.
• Must have good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to interact professionally with Management, co-workers, parents, vendors and contractors.
• Must have acceptable driving record, valid GA Driver’s License and acceptable auto insurance.
• Must have daily reliable transportation – must be willing to use personal vehicle to make home visits, attend meetings and other assigned duties for the Agency.
• Must be able to sit, bend, crawl, kneel for long periods of time or repeatedly and be able to lift/carry up to 50lbs.
• Bachelor Degree in Child Development or Early Childhood Education or equivalent coursework from an accredited institution.
• Prior Experience working with pre-school children (age 3 -5).
Pay Range: $11.14 – $15.20 per hour
To be considered for this position, submit your application with copies of applicable post secondary degree to:
Macon-Bibb County E.O.C. Administrative Office, 1680 Broadway, Suite B, Macon, Georgia 31201
Applications are accepted between the hours of 9 am to 4 pm, Monday through Friday.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
A Drug-Free Workplace