Hiring NOW – Bus Drivers!
Join us at Macon Bibb County Economic Opportunity Council, Inc.!
Why Macon-Bibb County Economic Opportunity Council, Inc.?
- Comprehensive benefits, including 401K Profit Share and 403b Retirement Plans
- Career growth opportunities
- Caring, supportive, FUN, working environment
- Ability to make a difference, In the lives of the children and families we serve
The Bus Drivers role is to transport Head Start students, ages 3-4 years, safely and efficiently to and from school.
- Transport along a designated route, picking up and discharging students in accordance with established time schedules.
- Observe legal and defensive driving practices; assure compliance with applicable traffic and student transportation laws, codes and regulations.
- Conduct daily safety inspection of vehicle; inspect the interior, exterior, brakes, headlamps, taillights; report mechanical malfunctions or other problems as required. Participate in the routine cleaning and servicing of the vehicle; fuel; check oil and fluid levels; clean windshield and headlamps; maintain van in clean and safe operating condition.
- Must be a High School graduate or possess a GED from an accredited institution.
- Must have a valid Georgia Driver’s License with acceptable driving record.
- Class A or B CDL with Passenger and School Bus “S” & “P” endorsement
- Three (3) years previous driving experience needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Must have great time management skills and ability to adapt to change in a moment’s notice.
- Must be able to work early mornings and split shift.
- Maintain a professional, cheerful personable attitude while carrying out duties.
- Pass all background checks
- Must be fully COVID vaccinated or have an approved exemption.
The mission of Macon-Bibb County Economic Opportunity Council, Inc., is committed to reducing poverty by providing collaborative comprehensive services and resources that empower economically disadvantaged families to achieve self-sufficiency.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy workplace.
Job Type: Full-time and Part-time positions available
Starting Salary: $17.57/hour