Hiring NOW – Bus Monitors
Join us at Macon Bibb County Economic Opportunity Council, Inc.! (Macon-Bibb and Monroe County)
Do you have a passion for working with children and their families in an effort to help close the achievement gap?
Why Macon-Bibb County Economic Opportunity Council, Inc.?
- Career growth opportunities
- Caring, supportive, FUN, working environment
- Ability to make a difference, In the lives of the children and families we serve
The Bus Monitor’s role is working with children between the ages of 3-5 while on the bus, it encompasses the following:
- Knowing the route and remaining alert to monitor the welfare of passengers while in route.
- Ensure authorized person’s identification is checked.
- Ensure children remain seated at all times while bus is in operation.
- Ensure children who are not released at bus stops are returned safely to their center of origin and released to Center Manager or assigned personnel.
- Assists in pre-trip and post-trip inspections of the bus.
- Assists students in the loading and unloading process.
- Cooperates and communicates with staff, students, and parents.
- Attends all safety and training meetings and professional development.
- Conducts emergency evacuation from the bus, including use of exiting by emergency door.
- Opens and closes service doors and moves up and down steps multiple times daily.
- Cleans the inside of the bus.
- Assists driver when necessary, to safely direct the vehicle backwards.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.).
- Good verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Early morning availability
- Judgement/problem solving skills
- Ability to manage high degrees of stress
- Experience working with infants and toddlers
- Pass all background checks
- Daily reliable transportation
- Ability to sit, bend, crawl, kneel for long periods of time or repeatedly and must be able to lift/carry up to 50lbs.
- Must be fully COVID vaccinated or have an approved exemption.
The mission of Macon-Bibb County Economic Opportunity Council, Inc., is committed to reducing poverty by providing collaborative comprehensive services and resources that empower economically disadvantaged families to achieve self-sufficiency.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy workplace.
Status: Part Time
Starting Salary: $10.20/hour