Hiring NOW – Family Advocates
Join us at Macon Bibb County Economic Opportunity Council, Inc.! (Macon-Bibb and Monroe County)
Do you have a passion for working with children and their families in an effort to help close the achievement gap?
Why Macon-Bibb County Economic Opportunity Council, Inc.?
- Annual, Sick and Holiday Pay
- Comprehensive benefits, including 401K Profit Share and 403b Retirement Plans
- Career growth opportunities
- Caring, supportive, FUN, working environment
- Ability to make a difference, In the lives of the children and families we serve
The Family Advocates role is to provide intensive and comprehensive services, support, and follow-up with enrolled children and their families in Head Start/Early Head Start Program.
- Case Management
- Goal Setting
- Planning, implementation and evaluation of services
- Meeting needs of children and families
- Working with families
- Assist with recruitment activities
- Professional growth and collaboration
- AA/BS in social work, human services or related field
- Experience working with low-income families in an early childhood capacity or family/health services environment or one year of Social Service Case Work experience.
- Intermediate computer literacy in email, word processing, internet navigation and skills to work with Program specific databases.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interact professionally with Management, co-workers and parents.
- Pass all background checks
- Daily reliable transportation – must be willing to use personal vehicle to make home visits, attend meetings and other assigned duties for the Agency.
- Ability to sit, bend, crawl, kneel for long periods of time or repeatedly and must be able to lift/carry up to 50lbs.
- Must be fully COVID vaccinated or have an approved exemption.
The mission of Macon-Bibb County Economic Opportunity Council, Inc., is committed to reducing poverty by providing collaborative comprehensive services and resources that empower economically disadvantaged families to achieve self-sufficiency.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $13.46-$17.78/hour; dependent upon Education and Experience.