Hiring NOW – Teachers!
Join us at Macon Bibb County Economic Opportunity Council, Inc.! (Macon-Bibb and Monroe County)
Do you have a passion for working with children and their families in an effort to help close the achievement gap?
Why Macon-Bibb County Economic Opportunity Council, Inc.?
- Average 5 weeks paid time off annually (Christmas, Spring & Summer Breaks)
- Comprehensive benefits, including 401K Profit Share and 403b Retirement Plans
- Career growth opportunities
- Caring, supportive, FUN, working environment
- Ability to make a difference, In the lives of the children and families we serve
The Teacher’s role is working with children between the ages of 3-5, it encompasses the following:
- CLASS™ teacher-child interactions
- Learning environment
- Child assessment
- Meeting all children’s needs
- Working with families
- Professional growth and collaboration
- Associate Degree in Child Development or Early Childhood Education or equivalent coursework from an accredited institution.
- Experience working with pre-school children.
- Intermediate computer literacy in email, word processing, internet navigation and skills to work with Program specific databases,
- Pass all background checks
- Daily reliable transportation – must be willing to use personal vehicle to make home visits, attend meetings and other assigned duties for the Agency.
- Ability to sit, bend, crawl, kneel for long periods of time or repeatedly and must be able to lift/carry up to 50lbs.
- Must be fully COVID Vaccinated or an approved exemption.
The mission of Macon-Bibb County Economic Opportunity Council, Inc., is committed to reducing poverty by providing collaborative comprehensive services and resources that empower economically disadvantaged families to achieve self-sufficiency.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Range – $15.93 – $19.11 per hour, dependent on education and experience.