The Family Advocate’s role is to provide intensive and comprehensive services, support, and follow-up with enrolled children and their families in Head Start/Early Head Start Program.
- Case Management
- Goal Setting
- Planning, implementation and evaluation of services
- Meeting needs of children and families
- Working with families
- Assist with recruitment activities
- Professional growth and collaboration
- AA/BS in social work, human services or related field
- Experience working with low income families in an early childhood capacity or family/health services environment or one year of Social Service Case Work experience.
- Intermediate computer literacy in email, word processing, internet navigation and skills to work with Program specific databases.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interact professionally with Management, co-workers and parents.
- Pass all background checks
- Daily reliable transportation – must be willing to use personal vehicle to make home visits, attend meetings and other assigned duties for the Agency.
- Ability to sit, bend, crawl, kneel for long periods of time or repeatedly and must be able to lift/carry up to 50lbs.