The Fiscal Operations Associate/Accounts Payable’s role is responsible for performing accounting and clerical duties related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable functions.
- Processing invoices, batches, and obtaining appropriate approvals. Enters information into accounting software for payments, ensuring accuracy of data.
- Reconciliation of vendor statements monthly to ensure accurate payments and correct balances in accounting system.
- Processing payments of invoices weekly, ensuring that all due and payable invoices have the appropriate backup, coding and GL codes in order to pay appropriately.
- Maintaining vendor files for accuracy including remit names and addresses for payments.
- Maintains contact with vendor billing reps ensuring invoices are correctly billed and paid.
- Posts and files journal entries.
- Makes GL entries as deemed necessary by Manager.
- Associate Degree in Accounting or related field. Bachelor’s Degree – preferred.
- At least one year’s experience in bookkeeping, accounting and/or purchasing assignments.
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures; knowledge of audit procedures/techniques, knowledge of governmental accounting; knowledge of principles and practices of public administration.
- Ability to prepare/analyze fiscal and statistical information; ability to analyze fiscal procedures, identify problems, and report recommendations.